Friday, August 22, 2008

My Pad



Ok, so I realize this looks pretty nice right? I must admit the bed is very comfortable, but it is also very freaking HOT! Not a night goes by that there are not bombs exploding in the streets. There is no war, but the entire month of August is filled with street parties in celebration of yet another patron saint. In the absence of television, and my recent disgust with reading, I have been watching movies on my laptop on a nightly basis. Last night I enjoyed "Juno" which was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. It's amazing the power that movies have over my psyche. After two hours in front of my computer I can almost forget that I live in Nicaragua, and movies, especially when seen in a big theatre, are absolutely positively American.

Anyway, I also have a shared space in the back yard where sits some fruit trees, a big hamac, and my cooking and washing stations. The bathroom and shower are also in the patio which I share with the kind Senora Norma that lives next door. The privacy has been a breath of fresh air, and I am feel like having my own space if the first block in building my own life here in "El Viejo".