Friday, March 7, 2008

Living While I Can.

Today after camping and hiking for two days in Red Rock, and Grand Canyon National Parks I made it down into Tempe AZ. Arizona has astonished me from the moment I crossed the New Mexico border. There is so much that seems the same from the outside, but never says the same thing once you get closer. The hike into the Grand Canyon was amazing. To feel it's power by descending down into it's depths was the perfect way to conclude my stay in the National Park. 70 miles south of Grand Canyon National Park is Sedona, AZ. Sedona is famous for it's 4 major vortex energy fields. Apparently there are some pretty swanky resorts that the stars have been staying in for years. I didn't see any of that. You'll notice in my pictures however that there was a four star breakfast this morning which included instant coffee, liquid eggs, and cereal w/no milk. But, let me assure you that I enjoyed every bite! Camping isn't as easy as I thought it would be, but I'm learning through trial and error. It's a good thing I'm not in Bear Country yet, because my car is full of wrappers and left over food that is uneaten. I'll have to get a handle on that before Yosemite...

There have been moments already on my journey where I've had reassurance that everything is being done exactly the way it is supposed to be. I've found that you can learn a lot from just watching the world. There is something completely different from cultural experiences, like one you get through visiting cities in Western Europe, and what you gather from back packing through natural open spaces and coming into close contact with the land. My belief is that they are both very useful in life, and that each of them offers something unique that can be channelled towards helping someone else and adapting in future endeavors. The greatest thing of all is that I have wonderful family and friends to share it all with. It's hard to imagine what it would be like if even one of you was taken from me... Let's all prey for the friends and family of Eve Carson. She was clearly an amazing girl, and her accomplishments will not be forgotten. Once again, GOD has a way of building a wonderful kingdom in mysterious ways. I guess we all know where we'll get to meet Eve one day.