Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sayre... What a fine little town!

Waking up this morning I realized that I had no where to be. The feeling is one that I am still trying to get used to. After driving for nearly 30 hours through Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and now New Mexico, it came to me. I don't have anywhere to go! So, as I was starting to really fear for my safety last night, I pulled off the road and decided to splurge on a hotel. Let's just say I was a little dissapointed. I fancy myself as an "Alexander Supertramp" type of character, however what I fail to aknowledge is that I have several years of post-college luxury living etched into my conscience, and it can sometimes be very difficult to break yourself of a mindset. As I set out today from a little town called Santa Rosa, NM I will make my way to the Grand Canyon's South Rim. This is the most visited National Park in the United States, so apparently there is something there to see! There is really nothing very different from where I am today, and where I was maybe 2 months ago. The same obstacles exist. The obstacle is the mindset. What will I do today to see my life as the dream that it already is. The miracle has happened already, now it is time to let the miracle swallow me whole.